Renew your Swim Australia Teacher qualifications and continue to join us in our pursuit of producing a nation of safer, smarter, stronger swimmers.
Every three years a Swim Australia™ Teacher (SAT) or SAT specialist is required to update their qualification through a “skills and knowledge audit”. Qualification renewal affirms your commitment to ongoing professional development, industry standards of practice, and behavioural guidelines.
Over a three-year period, all levels of Teaching are required to accumulate a minimum number of 100 practical teaching hours as well as 15 professional development points, which are earned by attending or participating in approved activities.
We encourage you to submit all qualification renewal requirements before the expiry date so that you maintain the continuity of qualification and remain insured if you hold a current policy.
On approval of your qualification renewal application, you will receive an electronic copy of your updated certificate and your updated qualification expiry date will be reflected on your Profile in our Membership database DITA, you will also receive for the life of your qualification (3 years) SWIM Graduate Membership and COMPLIMENTARY Teacher Insurance.
The $0 Excess Teacher Insurance policy includes:
- Professional Indemnity – $5,000,000
- Public Liability – $20,000,000
- Products Liability – $20,000,000
- Advertising Liability – $20,000,000
- Legal Costs and Expenses – $100,000
Renew / Update your Teaching Qualification
Swim Australia Teacher qualifications are valid for three years from the date of issue.
To renew your Teaching Qualification you will require the following documents to be uploaded into DITA:
- Teacher Qualification renewal Application Form
- Current Working with Children Check or Registered Teacher card
- Current accredited CPR Statement of Attainment (HLTAID009)
- Letter of teaching hours (minimum 100 hours over 3 years – Teaching Hours Information)
- Evidence of Professional Development (15 Points over 3 years – Professional Development Points Information)