The Swim Australia™ Teacher of Babies & Toddlers (SAT B&T) will give you the competence and knowledge to plan and deliver lessons for infants and toddlers over six months of age and up to four using activities, games and toys to promote personal development and motor and cognitive skills.
Upon successful completion of SISCAQU027 Promote development of infants and toddlers in an aquatic environment, individuals will be able to complement their Swim Australia™ Teacher competencies and expand their scope of delivery
This course is designed to foster water confidence in children by engaging them in a variety of safe and enjoyable aquatic activities. Through play, exploration, and encouragement, participants will develop fundamental swimming and water safety skills in this course.
All enrolled Swim Australia course students are covered by SCTI Insurance for the duration of their course and will receive complimentary SCTA Graduate Membership and complimentary $0 Excess Teacher Insurance upon being accredited*
This course applies to swim teachers who already teach in aquatic venues.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
The Swim Australia™ Teacher of Babies & Toddlers covers the requirements of SISCAQU027 Promote development of infants and toddlers in an aquatic environment and it is a nationally recognised unit of competency (UoC) recognised from the Sport, Aquatics and Recreation training package. Upon successful completion of all assessment requirements, candidates will be awarded a Statement of Attainment for the following unit:
- SISCAQU027 Promote development of infants and toddlers in an aquatic environment
COURSE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Must hold the following units of competency:
- SISCAQU024 Teach water familiarisation, buoyancy and mobility skills*
- SISCAQU025 Teach water safety and survival skills*
- Must provide a current Working with Children Check (WWCC). There may be exceptions for under-18s in some locations.
- Must provide a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI) number at the time of enrolment for verification by SWIM Australia. A USI is a reference number required by the Commonwealth statutory office (Student Identifiers Act 2014) and is obtained from the USI Registrar. For more information and to create a USI, visit the USI website.
- Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- Individuals on a VISA must check their VISA conditions before enrolling, we are not a CRICOS provider. Start a VISA query here.
* Students will require to provide evidence or purchase and complete the pre-requisite units prior to enrolling into this program.
STUDENT JOURNEY & DELIVERY STRATEGY
This interactive course is delivered in a blended format with online theory and practical components.
The practical workshop requires attendance at a face-to-face training session for a full day. Students will also be required to complete supervised industry training in a swim teaching environment in a range of conditions. The course consists of theory, practical and “on-the-job components:
- Theory component – topics completed via our SWIMDECK Learning Management System. Candidates will be able to attend a practical workshop once online modules are completed.
- Practical component – involves swimming activities that may be carried out in shallow water.
- On-the-job training and assessment component – completed in a location/venue of the student’s choice to complete and deliver a number of supervised tasks in line with the skill set.
Candidates have 12 months to complete their training for all SWIM Australia courses unless otherwise stated.
COURSE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS
To be determined competent as a Swim Australia™ Teacher of Babies & Toddlers , students will be required to complete and/or provide the following evidence:
- Submission of evidence of pre-requisites
- Online Theory assessment
- Practical Workshop and assessment
- Accumulative Training Record with all tasks and relevant signatures completed
- Current Working with Children Check
- Completion of the Swimming Australia Safe Sport Framework
- A copy of a current Statement of Attainment listing the HLTAID009- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AND BENEFITS
- The ability to increase your Swim Australia™ Teacher scope of delivery
- Complimentary Graduate SWIM Membership and Teacher Insurance for the length of accreditation (3 years)
- Accreditation for three (3) years from the course completion date
- Access to career pathways and resources in the aquatic industry
- Increased Employment Opportunities
- Ongoing guidance and support from an industry leader association
- Pathway credit towards SIS30122 Certificate III in Sport, Aquatics and Recreation
WANT TO GET STARTED?
Visit our Course Calendar to check the next available workshop. The dates you will see in the calendar are for when you can participate in your course’s practical workshop. To ensure you’re fully prepared, we recommend you plan ahead and set aside at least two (2) weeks from your preferred date to finish the theory component of the course. If you haven’t completed all the required theory components, you won’t be adequately prepared to attend the hands-on workshop. Please consult your Trainer if you face any challenges when completing the theory modules.
Recognised Prior Learning
Achieve the qualification faster by using previous credit and experience. For further information, please visit: https://scta.org.au/teachers/recognition-of-prior-learning-rpl/