The Swim Australia™ Teacher of Adolescents and Adults course will add to the body of knowledge that a Swim Australia™ Teacher or Swim Australia™ Teacher of Competitive Swimming already possesses with specific content related to learners approximately 14 years and older.
- A current Swim Australia™ Teacher qualification, or
- A current Swim Australia™ Teacher of Competitive Swimming qualification
- Adolescent and Adults Swimming
- Factors in Adolescent and Adult swimming
- Medical Considerations
- Water familiarisation, swimming and water safety skills
- Lesson Planning
- Background and references
This course of study is based entirely upon a self-paced review and completion of the course contents. Upon completion of the Units of Study, the Assessment Workbook is to be completed and returned to SCTA Accreditation for review.
Once accredited, your qualification will be registered against your Swim Central teacher profile and an updated Teacher Certificate will be issued electronically which notes your completed Adolescents and Adults qualification.
Students have up to 12 months to complete this course but may be accredited sooner should they have completed and submitted all course requirements.
- SAT AA Assessment Workbook
- Accredited and Valid CPR qualification (HLTAID001, 002, 003, 004, 007, 009, 011, 012)
- Current Working with Children Check
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Current SAT or SAT CS Qualification
- Completion of the Safe Sport Framework
Certification | Accreditation
An added benefit of this self-paced study course is that is constitutes SCTA Professional Development and thus extends the expiration date of any current and existing Swim Australia™ Teacher accreditations you have for a further 3 years from the date of this course’s completion.
Students who have successfully completed this course will receive an updated electronic Swim Australia Teacher certificate which notes your completed SAT AA qualification.