Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process whereby someone who thinks they already have sufficient theoretical and practical skills in all or part of a course, accreditation or competency can apply for recognition of this and gain “credits” towards completing a course, accreditation or proving competency. Basically, it is a desk audit of evidence. Please note that third party evidence has far more weight than claims by applicants that cannot be substantiated.
SCTA Accreditation offers an RPL process for all courses, accreditations and competencies it issues:
- Swim Australia™ Teacher
- Swim Australia™ Teacher of Adolescents and Adults
- Swim Australia™ Teacher of Babies and Toddlers
- Swim Australia™ Teacher of Competitive Swimming
- Swim Australia™ Teacher of Learners with a Disability
- Swim Australia™ Teacher of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse
- Pool Plant Operators
SCTA Accreditation is required to verify the evidence the applicant needs to provide as part of the process of gaining RPL.
On approval of your RPL application, you will receive an electronic copy of your certificate and your accreditation will be reflected on your Profile in our Membership database DITA, Teachers will also receive for the life of your accreditation (3 years) SCTA Graduate Membership and COMPLIMENTARY Teacher Insurance.
The $0 Excess Teacher Insurance policy includes:
- Professional Indemnity – $5,000,000
- Public Liability – $20,000,000
- Products Liability – $20,000,000
- Advertising Liabiity – $20,000,000
- Legal Costs and Expenses – $100,000
Click below to purchase the RPL application and submit your evidence.
SCTA Accreditation charges the following fees:
$50 Determination Fee + $80 Accreditation Fee ($130 total) – Applicants with equivalent qualifications or evidence (current for 6 months or more)
$50 Determination Fee + $180 Accreditation Fee ($230 total) – Applicants with Swim Australia Teacher accreditation which has expired. Applicants with expired equivalent qualifications or evidence.